Are you tired of the commute to and from work, and getting stuck in traffic, just so you can earn an income? What if we told you, you didn’t have to? Today, it’s possible for you to earn a full-time income from the comfort of your own home. Or at the very least a good side income stream to complement your salary. You could make a living working online as a data entry expert. In this post, we are going to walk you through how you can become a Data entry expert and get paid to do it. You’ve probably heard of the term Data entry but aren’t too sure what it entails let alone how to get paid from it. So, before we proceed to the earning bit of it, let’s first explain what data entry really is.
What is Data Entry?
In layman’s terms, Data entry is simply the act of inputting data into a computer and converting it from one format into another. It may also entail conducting online research and data collection. There is a gross misconception that data entry is simply a copy and paste job. We understand the confusion but the reality is that data entry is actually a real job that requires proper skills aside from knowing how to type. Point-to-note: Contrary to what some gurus will tell you when you do an online search, data entry is not a get-rich-quick scheme. While these gurus may give you the illusion that you don’t need any skills to get started and be successful earning money online as a data entry expert, this is not the case. Data entry is not simply an effortless job. It takes a certain set of skills to offer value and build a long-term career in the field. Keeping this in mind we can now proceed. Examples of jobs you can expect in data entry are like:
- File conversions, where you will be required to convert a document or file from one format into another. For example, you may be asked to convert an image (jpg or jpeg) into a word document or excel sheet. You may also be asked to convert a PowerPoint presentation into a pdf, or a pdf into an excel sheet. Similarly, you may be tasked to convert a text into a pdf. You get the drift.
- Web research services are another type of data entry job. This type of job entails different tasks such as lead generation, whereby you are given names of companies and asked to search for information about them or their contact information online. You could also be tasked o build a contact or email list, which involves looking for the contact information of a specified group. Other types of services include, web scrapping, product information list building, and product lead generation.
- Transcription and translation services. Transcription involves transforming audio data into text. For example, a client may want you to listen to a conference call and come up with a script that details what was said. Translation on the other hand involves converting information from one language to another. An example is a client may give you a text document in French and translate it into English.
- Administration assistance and miscellaneous services, which are a non-mainstream type of service offered in Data entry. It’s not as common as the other services I’ve mentioned. Examples of such tasks include form filling, customer services, or data management and scheduling jobs if you are more experienced and capable.
Who are your clients?
Some many industries and businesses require data entry services. One of the main reasons businesses seek the service is because data entry needs time and attention for quality and accurate results. By outsourcing the work, the employees are freed to focus on other projects. Some of the industries that outsource data entry services are hospitals or health care organizations that rely on data to provide a quality service. By outsourcing the job, they ensure the quality of their medical records while cutting administrative costs. For bankers, data is also very important. Having the right and accurate data on hand makes it easier for bankers to manage finances. Another data-sensitive industry is real estate. Realtors have a lot of data information about their clients that need to be sorted out into an accurate and organized client database. Other industries that are likely to approach you as clients include online and retail shops, digital marketers, the telecom industry, restaurants, hotels and shipping, transport, and logistics companies.
Where do you look for the clients?
When it comes to data entry jobs, there are numerous opportunities for you to choose from. Today, you’ll find many online platforms where clients post jobs and are looking to hire. Such sites work as a kind of bidding site. Either clients bid for your service or you along with other data entry specialists bid for their job offers. As such, the sites get very competitive. So, as you send a proposal for a job or market your services, be sure to highlight the skills that set you apart from the rest. Four of the most reputable platforms you can try out are the following:
This is a great platform if you want a platform where you can market your service and rates. That way clients approach you and not the other way around. Simply create what is known as a gig and circulate it. You are even allowed to share your gigs and market them on your social media platform.
This platform is similar to Fiverr in terms of how it operates. You have the chance of showcasing your best skills and presenting them as a package. Clients looking for your type of service will then approach you with an offer.
This is one of the most common platforms when it comes to online writing jobs. Unlike Fiverr, this site mostly operates on a bidding system. Clients will post jobs and you have the chance to send your proposal. Upwork has also come up with a system similar to Fiverr, where you can also create a package of your services and sell them instead.
People per Hour
This particular platform uses both the bidding and gig system simultaneously. That means you can either create a package showcasing your services or you can bid for the jobs clients post on the platform. You can also do both.
How do you get paid – what are the rates?
Like most online jobs, the rates offered and frequency of payment for data entry jobs vary. It will depend on the type of job, the client, and the platform you use. Although there are some platforms, like Up work, that have measures in place that protect your payment, you also need to agree with the client beforehand. Ensure you’ve settled on the rate and method of payment to avoid any conflicts later. Talking of payment methods, one of the most common methods of payment is through PayPal. A lot of the platforms utilize it and most clients prefer it. It’s especially useful when it comes to small amounts. PayPal has even come up with a way of transferring your funds from your PayPal account into your Mpesa. Payoneer is another alternative for online transactions.
What do clients expect from you – what are the skills needed?
Now you understand Data entry is not simply a copy and paste task. There’s a lot that goes into the task, including focus and attention. Clients aren’t only looking for experts with great typing skills. Data entry is very sensitive to accuracy, you, therefore, need to pay attention to detail. You also need to have a great grasp of grammar and proficiency in written English. On top of that, you need skill and knowledge when it comes to tasks like file conversions, conducting research, as well, collecting data and formatting it. Sounds like a lot, right? There is a misconception that data entry jobs are a lot of work for very little pay. This is not the case. If you’re not trained or experienced, then obviously the work may seem like a lot. And ideally, the more complicated the task is and the level of expertise required, the more you’re paid. So, you see, skill is very important if you want to make a successful career out of data entry. And how do you gain such skills? Simple. You need training, and the best way to train is by taking up a course.
About Wingu’s Professional Data Entry Training Course
Getting the right course that equips you with the right skills, can be difficult and is where we come in. Here at Wingudigitaltraining.com, we have come up with the ideal course, Professional Data Entry Training for freelance data entry experts. It is specially tailored for the Kenyan market and Africa as a whole. The course provides you with a comprehensive guide into data entry. What should you expect from this course? Detailed information about what data entry is and the different services you’ll be offering. We will also cover the basic requirement as well as the useful tools you will need. We will also show you how to create a portfolio and how to approach clients. What’s more, we will highlight the common mistakes data entry experts make. After every module, you will receive an assessment, to determine how well you’ve mastered your skills and useful feedback on what you can correct.
What do you gain from it?
- A detailed training on the different data entry jobs like file conversion, web research and transcription among others.
- Comprehensive text and video lessons that makes it easier to consume the content from anywhere be it your laptop or mobile phone, in the house or on the road.
- Insight on how to offer quality data entry services that clients appreciate.
- A step-by-step blueprint on how to land clients and jobs on multiple platforms like Upwork.
- Expert mentorship. Aside from being a part of our Wingu Master Minds community on Facebook, you can reach out to us 24/7 on email or call, whenever you need guidance.
- Insight on how to write awesome proposals on Upwork that GREATLY increase your chances of landing a client even as a newbie.
- Learn how to build a professional portfolio from the data entry tasks you complete for assessment during training.
- Know how to use your portfolio to land jobs. Portfolios are like a CV when applying for data entry jobs, which is why we teach you how use the portfolio you build during training to attract clients.
- Practical test assignments with detailed feedback and assessment from our team to ensure you master the skills taught in the course. This way you can be sure that you can deliver exceptional value to your clients as you build your career.
What makes us qualified to offer this course? Well, seven years of experience in different niches of data entry. By coaching hundreds of students from total newbies to earning a full time living on platforms like Upwork, we feel we have the needed expertise to help take your career to the next level. So, you can be sure that by taking up our course, you will be receiving the best value for your money. But don’t just take our word for it, reach out to us and we will get you set up.
Data entry is one of the most popular ways to make money online. In order to be successful in this field keep in mind that you need to first train and gain the proper skills. With our professional Data Entry Training course, you can be sure that we will equip you with all the relevant skills and tools to start you career in Data entry on the right track. So, join our course today and begin your journey to success.
Quite interesting. How much does the training cost? What is the format and duration of training?
The cost is $175 , its purely online and duration is 4-5 weeks.